Thursday, January 26, 2006

I Need a Light Video News + US Link


Warren G is seeing a boost in the success of his latest album, In The Mid-Nite Hour, as his latest music video "I Need A Light" (featuring Nate Dogg) is getting overwhelming response with his debut on MySpace.com.

Currently, two days since debuting the video on MySpace, it has gotten over 28,000 plays, and has helped In The Mid-Nite Hour climb Billboard's Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart, currently landing at number 44.

The mellow yet upbeat track is something to listen to if you were "stressin' over something," according to the rapper, where he describes his childhood growing up in Long Beach.

"'I Need a Light' is a song to sit back and listen to if you are stressin' over something," said Warren G. "Listen to the hook and it makes you feel good. As far as the lyrics in the song, I'm talking about growing up in Long Beach, some of the sh-- I went through, everything from what I saw as a kid up until now. We got to do it."

"This song is deep," adds Warren's partner-in-crime, Nate Dogg, "It's about when you are going through sh--, you got people who smoke just to relax themselves. Like, 'I need a light man, there is so much going on in my life that I just need to relax.' Or 'Dammit, go get me a bottle or something 'cuz I need a drink. There's just so much stress going off, let me relax myself.' That's where I was going with the song. That's where it's at."

The video for the single, which is directed by Paul Hunter, has a 1940's feel with contemporary flair. It opens with a look at Long Beach during Warren's childhood with Snoop and Nate, then follows the lyrics of the song literally, showing Warren at the club just letting loose.

"The overall tone of the video shows the classic side of Warren: how he built his empire from the streets of Long Beach and expanded it to the world," explained Hunter. "He is showing everyone that we can have a good time, look good and dress well. It's all about class and treating people right. It's really about the classy style of hip-hop."

In addition to the boost of success the new song and video is bringing for Warren, video and audio ringtones will also be available internationally beginning next week.

The rapper is currently preparing to hit the road for a nationwide tour in support his In The Mid-Nite Hour.

Source: Ballerstatus

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you in the US, you can view the video here:

http://videos.myspace.com/videoplayer/player.cfm?vid=2512

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home