Tuesday, May 24, 2005

DPGC Album Actually In The Works!

Wow! This is huge...

From Mtv.com:

Another huge reconciliation to come out of the summit was Kurupt rejoining the Dogg Pound Gangsta Clique. Kurupt has been on the How the West Was One Tour with his homies Snoop, Daz and Soopafly (see "Snoop And Game Beef Up Their How The West Was One Tour"), and the entire collective has been recording a full DPGC album."It was crazy the first couple of nights," Snoop said, "but the first song that we actually laid down, Kurupt was so hard on the song, man, he was so vicious with the verse, I didn't even want to rap on it. I was like, 'I can't match him.' He came back, his blade was so sharp. It touched me in the heart to hear him like that because I could just tell he was holding back, like, 'I gotta say this but I don't have the right scenario.' It was just a great uplifting for us to put him back into the building with us. And it helped us. Now we're on the road, we're traveling, we're doing some of that classic DPG music onstage. Just to see us all up there smiling, having a good time, interacting is beautiful."

The DPGC are about seven songs into the album, and Snoop said to also look for Nate Dogg and Warren G on it. Snoop wants to put his latest group project out later this year but has not settled on a label yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home